Post-Adoption Transitional Support Series
Featuring Jeanette Yoffe of Celia Center
1 Hour of Continuing Education
- Watch the Video
- Take the Test
- And Receive a Certificate of Completion!!!
Module 1 – General Experiences with Adopted Children
NOTE: — After purchase, check your receipt for a special link that will enable you to watch the video.
This course was designed to help parents and professionals understand the general experiences children may exhibit in adoption. This course helps the learner identify losses, understand the importance of attachment, and explore common questions for all adopted persons.
- Provide two points that all adoptees need their parents to understand.
- Educate about the three primary challenges children will experience.
- Understand how trauma impacts the brain, behavior and overall development.
- Identify grief and loss indicators for the adopted person.
- Summarize the psychological and emotional impact of early trauma and separation from the mother.
- Discuss how the loss of the “biological family” effects the attachment between the adoptive parents and the child.
- Give examples of common challenges for the adopted person.
The series is presented by Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Marriage and Family Therapist, founder and executive director of the Celia Center.
Celia Center is a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization that provides therapy and special services for the whole constellation of foster-related people: from foster children to adult foster children, from foster parents to hopeful parents of orphaned or foster children, from adoptive parents to birth parents.
Celia Center Inc is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #121492. The target audience is the following: educators,teachers, health providers, licensed professionals in the community: LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCCs, and/or LEP’s.
CEU Certificates are awarded to licensed professionals at the conclusion of the training. Course evaluations are completed before the awarding of CEU’s and Certificates.
Continuing Education Hours:
This course does meet the qualifications for One Hour of Continuing Education Credit for the California Board of Registered Nurses, Psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
About Celia Center
At Celia Center we address the critical mental health needs of anyone connected by foster care and/or adoption. We provide support groups, conferences, special events, workshops for adoptees, foster youth alumni children, parents thinking about adoption, foster parents, adoptive parents, and birth parents — so we include all members of the constellation to provide the support that is a lifelong process . . .
— Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Executive Director, Celia Center
There are no reviews yet.