Post-Adoption Transitional Support Series
Featuring Jeanette Yoffe of Celia Center
1 Hour of Continuing Education
- Watch the Video
- Take the Test
- And Receive a Certificate of Completion!!!
Module 2 – Developmental Challenges for Adopted Children Age Birth – 5
NOTE: — After purchase, check your receipt for a special link that will enable you to watch the video.
This course was designed to help parents and professionals understand the developmental issues and care for adopted children age birth to 5. This course helps the learner begin to understand children’s feelings and thoughts about adoption at this age. The learner will be educated about how to join children in their grief, and encourage the exploration of their story.
- Teach the developmental tasks for the adoptee at this age.
- Teach four common questions children ask their parents at this age about their adoption and learn how to respond.
- Provide a list of adoption friendly books for this age.
- Provide therapeutic activities to do with children at this age.
- Explain the developmental tasks for the adoptee at this age.
- Utilize tools to answer and respond to four common questions children ask their parents at this age.
- Recite three books important to read with this age to explain adoption.
- Give two examples of interventions that facilitate, process, and help children make sense of their adoption story.
The series is presented by Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Marriage and Family Therapist, founder and executive director of the Celia Center.
Celia Center is a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization that provides therapy and special services for the whole constellation of foster-related people: from foster children to adult foster children, from foster parents to hopeful parents of orphaned or foster children, from adoptive parents to birth parents.
Celia Center Inc is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Provider #121492. The target audience is the following: educators,teachers, health providers, licensed professionals in the community: LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCCs, and/or LEP’s.
CEU Certificates are awarded to licensed professionals at the conclusion of the training. Course evaluations are completed before the awarding of CEU’s and Certificates.
Continuing Education Hours:
This course does meet the qualifications for One Hour of Continuing Education Credit for the California Board of Registered Nurses, Psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
About Celia Center
At Celia Center we address the critical mental health needs of anyone connected by foster care and/or adoption. We provide support groups, conferences, special events, workshops for adoptees, foster youth alumni children, parents thinking about adoption, foster parents, adoptive parents, and birth parents — so we include all members of the constellation to provide the support that is a lifelong process . . .
— Jeanette Yoffe, M.A., M.F.T., Executive Director, Celia Center
There are no reviews yet.