This Downloadable workshop was designed to familiarize parents, social workers and therapist with the Beyond Consequences model of Parenting Traumatized children in foster care and adoption.
Based on the Beyond Consequences Model developed by Heather T. Forbes and B. Bryan Post, this audio download presentation will provide listeners with an overview of the key principles of this parenting model. Included in this parenting program is the stress model, which will be explored and used to explain behavior in the children and the importance of understanding the connection between the brain and behavior, as a result of trauma.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the relationship between brain and behavior in adoption and foster care.
- Listeners gain knowledge of new tools and interventions to use with children in order to help them express anger, grief and loss.
- Learn how to respond to resistance, lying, stealing and hoarding behavior.
- This workshop is recommended for parents, pre and post adoption and/or foster care, social workers, therapists.
- Listeners will receive an MP3 download and a PDF of the class.
- Recorded at a live training for Children’s Bureau of Southern California in June 2010.
There are no reviews yet.